Thursday, December 01, 2005

88. Dokken / Back For The Attack. 1987. 4/5.

For the life of me, I will never know why I wasn't listening to Dokken in their heyday, the wonderful 1980's. I was in Year Twelve when this was released, the glory years of hair/glam metal were upon us, but I hadn't quite discovered that yet. And what a shame, cos this would have ROCKED those days!!

This is Dokken at their very best. The whole album reeks of their finest performances. This album had everything, from the hard rockers to the ballading slower tunes. This is also their finest line-up, the classic Dokken/Lynch/Pilson/Brown era.

If you hear nothing else from this band, at least give this album a try. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it is the best example of their music for the beginner.

Rating : Great era. 4/5.

No comments: