Wednesday, October 26, 2005

7. L.A. Guns / Hollywood A Go Go. 1997. 3.5/5

This is a pretty thorough and impressive greatest hits album. There is no argument here as to whether the band’s best songs have been captured, because they are all here.

As much as I have always enjoyed L.A. Guns, I must admit that over the past week or so that I have had this going around at work, I have discovered an ever greater admiration for them. There have always been the regular songs that I love – “Show No Mercy”, “Sex Action”, “One More Reason”, “Never Enough” – but I have grown a greater affection for songs like “Killing Machine” and “Long Time Dead” and others that I didn’t necessarily harbour before.

As a result, I heartily recommend this album to fans and non-fans alike. If you are looking for a quick fix, and don’t want to go out and just buy the first four albums, then this will do the job nicely.

Rating:  Oooh baby, it’s never enough .  4/5

No comments: