Saturday, January 06, 2007

289. Scorpions / Eye II Eye. 1999. 1.5/5

Uuuhhh... excuse me. I think there has been a mistake here. I ordered a SCORPIONS album. Not an easy-feeling mellow piece of titanium crap. What? You mean this IS a Scorpions album? How is that possible?

I know the Scorpions as the band that wrote some of the most classic albums of all time - Lovedrive, Love At First Sting, Blackout, and the band that produced World Wide Live, one of the best live albums of the era. Comparing those albums to Eye II Eye is like comparing Metallica's ...And Justice For All and Reload - there is just no comparison whatsoever.

This is a HUGE disappointment. So unlike Scorpions it brings tears to my eyes. This should be banished to the never-to-be-listened-to-again storage sheds.

Rating: It gets 1.5 simply for the bands name and reputation. 1.5/5

No comments: