Wednesday, June 04, 2008

475. Cinderella / Heartbreak Station. 1990. 1/5

A hair metal band that wants to be a country and western band? An interesting career choice, I would have thought. Send in the steel guitars, bring in the piano. It’s all here, and it’s all a bit of a change.

Though I was never a huge Cinderella fan, this album surprised me with what seems to be a huge change in direction musically. Honestly, when you first put on the album, and “The More Things Change” starts, you would dead set start looking at the CD cover to see why you had put on a rockabilly country album.
So what was the reasoning behind this? I don’t know, I must admit. But it isn’t one of my favoured genres of music, and therefore this album really doesn’t rate at all. I guess, in a morbid kind of way, I can listen to this and try to appreciate it for what it is, like for instance Gary Moore’s Still Got The Blues. But it really doesn’t appeal to me at all, and I wonder (still) why they went in this direction.

Rating: No, no, no… this just isn’t right… 1/5.

No comments: