Wednesday, June 25, 2008

490. Megadeth / Hidden Treasures. 1995. 4.5/5

This is a collection of tracks that have appeared on movie soundtracks, B-sides to singles and other such places that are not always easy to track down.

As it turns out, I did have most of these songs from all of those places – the movie soundtracks I have bought for one or two decent songs over the years is quite enormous. If only I knew such collections would (eventually) come along, I could have saved myself quite a sum of money.

Anyhow, there is some good stuff here, mixed in with some slightly better than average stuff. As an album in itself (forgetting for a moment the cover songs here) this would be a pretty damn good release. I’ll bet there are a lot of bands out there that wish they could have ‘throwaway’ tracks like “Go To Hell” and “99 Ways To Die” and “Angry Again” and “Breakpoint”. Quite amazing.

Rating: An excellent collection of Megadeth material that doesn’t appear on their studio releases. 4.5/5.

No comments: