Thursday, April 20, 2006

124. The Cult / Beyond Good And Evil. 2001. 2.5/5.

Bloody hell I tried to like this album. I really tried.

I have this problem with The Cult. I thought Sonic Temple was magnificent... at the time it was released, for that time. Since then, whenever I have listened to them, I've been wishing for the song or album to finish so I can put something else on.
This is a fairly difficult thing to get past.

Kearo gave this to me when it came out, and I gave it a real go. It was then cast aside. Listening to it again over the past few days, I have been unable to get enthused about it, which is a shame. I know Kearo thinks I'm a little mad because of this.
I just think that The Cult's style has now grown out from me, and my tastes have moved onto other things. Maybe in the future I will rediscover what it is about them that I loved, but this album failed to bring that back to me.

Rating : This is the best I could muster for it. 2.5/5.

No comments: