Friday, April 21, 2006

130. Lita Ford / Black. 1995. 1/5.

I guess my question to Lita after listening to this would be... “What the hell were you thinking!!”

This album is a complete hotpotch, with at least four different styles of songs on the album. There is the country twangs of Loverman and Killin' Kind, the bluesy Smoking Toads and Spider Monkeys, and the grunge of Hammerhead. In fact, it is really on Boilin' Point that Lita fires up with anything like her old hard rocking self, but even this song is punctuated with a harmonica solo that tries to turn it into a different style right before your ears.

There is no continuity with the songs on this album. Generally when you buy an album, you know the kind of style the music will be and can be comfortable with that. Here, Lita is obviously trying to do something different, to extend herself, but that just doesn't sit well with me at all.
I wonder to myself if this is what other fans think as well?

Rating : This is a true disappointment. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who like it, but for me it was like pulling teeth to get through it. Think Echobrain terrible... 1/5.

No comments: