Thursday, April 20, 2006

126. Stormtroopers Of Death / Bigger Than The Devil. 1999. 3/5

When S.O.D brought out the ground-breaking Speak English Or Die album, it was a novelty as well as an underground smash. It was not meant to be taken seriously, and wasn't, but it's popularity grew.
This second album, almost two decades after the first installment, is more of the same, but without the same impact as Speak English Or Die created. It is just as I described earlier – a novelty. It is worth a listen, but after two or three listens that novelty begins to wash off, and you go in search of albums of fuller quality.
I'm sure the guys did this album for fun, not money. I'm sure they enjoyed themselves making it. When I am in the right mood, I can always go and put this on. If I'm not in that mood, I am searching for something closer to Among The Living than Bigger Than The Devil.

Rating : More devious humour capers from the lads. But the party stops here. 3/5

No comments: