Friday, April 21, 2006

129. Vinnie Vincent Invasion / All Systems Go. 1986. 3.5/5.

Though I didn't discover this album until fairly recently, I was pleasantly surprised by it when I finally got to listen to it.

This is classic hair metal from the 80's. Plenty of riffs, screaming vocals, lyrically concentrating on love (sometimes tongue-in-cheek), a mix of faster rocking songs and the mandatory sugary ballad type of numbers, colourful outfits and big, big hair.
Vinnie Vincent first came to my notice for his short stint in Kiss. This album is a fair way distant from Kiss, if only from the vocals point of view. Mark Slaughter does a fine job, though I know it isn't to everyone's taste.

My favourite songs from the album would be Ashes To Ashes, Dirty Rhythm, Let Freedom Rock and Breakout.

Rating : A really good 80's metal album. It makes you wonder why they didn't go on to bigger things, when you compare them to other similar bands in their era and genre. 3.5/5.

No comments: