Friday, June 09, 2006

256. KISS / Dynasty. 1979. 2/5.

Ahhhh... the disco album. Heh heh. How much did they cop for this album, despite its success? I think it's pretty amusing looking back on it, and the stir it must have created.

Is it a great album? Weeeeeeellllllllll... not to my metal-trained ears. It is a very different KISS album, and though they obviously made a conscious decision to go in the direction that they did, they lost a lot of people with this, and then subsequent releases.

It is a fairly average kind of album, even given the hits they had off it.

Memories : The line in the movie Detroit Rock City, when the guys have picked up the disco chick, and she says “Who knows? Maybe one day KISS will record a disco album!” and of course all they guys go “No way would they ever do that!!”
Also, and perhaps more embarrassingly, at the end of the school year in 5th Class, we were all forced to endure mixed dancing – the worst part of course being that the males had to choose a female to dance with. The lovely Stephanie Hill was my choice. As it turned out, at the end there was a dancing competition to the song I Was Made For Loving You, which Stef and I won, much to her embarrassment and regret. I'm afraid being seen with me, even at age 11, killed her social status for years to come.

Rating : Just really bland for the most part. 2/5.

No comments: