Friday, June 09, 2006

260. David Lee Roth / Eat 'Em And Smile. 1986. 3/5.

This was DLR's first solo album after his split with Van Halen, having already tested the waters with his single releases of I Ain't Got Nobody and California Girls.

While the album itself is not a disappointment, I know that at the time of its release I was expecting something completely different, and as we know that is a dangerous thing to do NEVER go into a new album expecting ANYTHING!!!

So it is true, this wasn't the style of album that I was expecting. But it grows on you, and soon enough I found that I enjoyed it without ever becoming a huge fan of it like others that were listening to it in high school. The songs are enjoyable, and Dave always has a bright mood about his music which is transferred here.

Rating : As long as you aren't expecting Van Halen here, you will get off on the right foot. 3/5.

No comments: