Wednesday, March 05, 2008

346. Dream Theater / Dark Side Of The Moon [Live Covers Series]. 2006. 1.5/5

OK. I know what you are thinking. “Why did this guy get this album, when it is obvious from his previous review of Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon that he dislikes the album?”
Quite a reasonable question really.

Well, the answer is, I was interested to see what kind of treatment Dream Theater would give to it, and see what it would sound like live.
And to me, it sounds like the same old dribble that I didn’t like in the first place.
Don’t get me wrong. Dream Theater do a great job, and the sound is good. It is extremely well done. But it is not to my liking.
I also have the bonus disc, with more Pink Floyd material. I rate it the same.

Rating: Sorry. It doesn’t improve for me. 1.5/5.

No comments: