Wednesday, March 19, 2008

375. Evanescence / Fallen. 2003. 2/5

I can truly say that I got this album purely on a whim. The two singles, “Going Under” and “Bring Me To Life” had been played incessantly on the radio at work when they were first released, and they had gotten in my head a little. So I thought I had better check out the rest of the album to see how it held up.
I can’t say that I found anything else on there that I would listen to with any sort of enjoyment, apart from perhaps “My Last Breath”. Amy Lee has a good voice, but I think there is only so much of it that I can take in one sitting.

Though not to my particular taste overall, no doubt there are people out there who enjoy it. But to me it is a bit like Bon Jovi’s Crush – one or two great songs, and a whole lotta filler.

Rating: Reasonable without being outstanding. 2/5.

No comments: