Thursday, March 13, 2008

367. Killswitch Engage / The End Of Heartache. 2004. 2.5/5

There is little doubt that Killswitch Engage are probably the best of the modern metal bands. Having had one short stint of seeing them live, they are no doubt also a better live band that a studio band.

Here on The End of Heartache I think they are probably a little bit samey when it comes to their songs. Sometimes I can put the album on, and before I know it I haven’t the faintest idea what song I’m up to. Actually, it has just happened as I type this. A 20 minute break , come back, and where the hell am I up to?
The genre does lead itself to that a little, to my ears anyway.

The music itself is still solid, and there are a few standout tracks, such as “World Ablaze”, “Rose of Sharyn” and “When Darkness Falls”. In the end though, I find myself thinking, ‘Meh… what album do I listen to next…’

Rating: Average fare. 2.5/5.

No comments: