Monday, March 10, 2008

356. Gary Moore / Dirty Fingers. 1983. 4.5/5

This is one of those albums that you just love, because you have had it for so many years, and that it had just ingrained itself into your psyche.

I always loved this album, and the songs are catchy from the start and keep your interest. OK, maybe they are a bit corny, and certainly a lot '1980's', and perhaps if you picked up the album for the first time in this day and age, it would be very dated, and maybe - just maybe - you wouldn't get as much out of it as I do. But, in my case, it brings back so many memories of the time when I had it, and how I wore the grooves down in the vinyl on the record player, and how I would jump around screaming "HIROSHIMA!! THE PLACE WHERE INNOCENCE WAS BURNED!!", and "RUN TO YOUR MAMA, BUT DON'T COME CRYIN' TO ME!!", and thrashing that air guitar at the same time.

Gary Moore's rock is still great, and this album is one of my favourites, because it's simple with great riffs and a message in his lyrics.

Best for me include "Hiroshime", "Run To Your Mama", "Nuclear Attack" and "Rest In Peace".

Rating: In my view, a very underrated album. 4.5/5

No comments: