Wednesday, March 12, 2008

363. Foo Fighters / Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace. 2007. 2/5

Following In Your Honour I went into this album without any hopes whatsoever. I didn’t run around excited to hear the new album, nor did I allow my expectations to get the better of me. Whether this was the right thing to do or not I don’t know, but when it finally arrived… I found it was no better than I expected.

I’m sure there are a lot of people out there who think this is great, but to me it is a long way from their best stuff. Where has the aggression gone? What have they done with the passion? I read somewhere where someone had said it was as close to the music of Nirvana that Dave Grohl has done. WTF is up with that?!?!
The single that was released from this album, “The Pretender”, is the one song on the album that would nearly make a best-of combination. In reality, it is a complete misrepresentation to the public as to the kind of album this is.

Never mind. You can’t always have what you want. Perhaps they have just drained all of their best stuff, and now they are heading down the road of ‘easy-listening’. If that’s the case, I really can’t see myself investing in their future releases.

Rating: In almost all respects, just not the kind of album I like, nor was looking for. 2/5.

No comments: