Thursday, March 13, 2008

366. Trivium / Ember To Inferno. 2003. 2/5

Like everything Trivium has done, the majority of people really love it, or really hate it. For some reason I have sat on the fence with all three of their albums. Sure, I have made my point that the vocals that the group employ are not my cup of tea. Funny thing is, with clear vocals there would be no power in the music, which means there is something lacking there. But with guttural screaming, I find it difficult to enjoy the songs. So there is something lacking there.

Ember To Inferno, the group’s first album, has similar problems to the other two albums. And it’s not that I really hate the album – but I don’t love it either. There are just too many obstacles set up that can’t allow me to appreciate it like many people do. Can I listen to it? Sure, if someone puts on the album, I can get through it without shrieking. But so help me if they decide to play it again!

Rating: Still sitting on the fence somewhat I guess… 2/5

No comments: