Friday, March 07, 2008

349. Armored Saint / Delirious Nomad. 1985. 3/5

Armored Saint was one of those bands that, in the 1980’s in Australia, you heard about but couldn’t really gain access to. I know I was familiar with their name through the end of high school, but ‘regular’ record stores didn’t carry their albums, and they most certainly didn’t want to order in that ‘heavy metal rubbish’, and the second hand record stores that littered the cities also didn’t ever seem to have any.
Finally a couple of years ago, when John Bush was forsaken by Anthrax and returned to his former band, I decided it was time to check them out, now that the opportunity to gain music from overseas is much easier. Delirious Nomad was the first album I found.

There is little wonder they had a good following in the day. John Bush’s vocals are just fantastic, and the songs rock along. OK, maybe in this modern age the songs have dated, like many of the bands from that era, but that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy them just as much. I find myself disappointed I didn’t have this album in high school – I could have annoyed a lot more people.

Rating: Good solid outing from a good solid band. 3/5

No comments: