Thursday, November 10, 2005

45. Various Artists / Airheads : Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. 1994. 2.5/5.

I saw this movie in Sydney when it was released, and loved it from the first moment. For an obsessed, frustrated rock star like myself, it was one of those perfect movies for the time.

The music through the movie didn't outright grab me, except for the song over the opening credits (Born To Raise Hell), the 'original' song by the band, The Lone Rangers (Degenerated), and one they played on the radio, that I later discovered was actually a The Smith's song, London, covered by Anthrax. So buy the soundtrack I did. And surprise surprise – these were the best three songs on there.

The problem with a lot of soundtracks is that they will contain songs that never actually make the cut in the film. This appears to be the case here. A bit of filler. Overall, though, worth a listen.

Memories : Watching the film in the Hoyts Centre in Sydney with Helen and Joel. I laughed all the way through. Helen was less over the moon.

Rating : An average movie soundtrack. 2.5/5

No comments: