Friday, November 18, 2005

67. Dio / Angry Machines. 1996. 1.5/5.

Seriously – what the hell was Dio thinking when he released this album? It is, in general, one of the vilest pieces of junk it has ever been my misfortune to spend money on. I never imagined that I would ever say that about something that involved Ronnie, but Angry Machines has done it.

The direction of Dio's music had been heading towards slow and grunge for a while, but this took it too far. And it is a shame, as some of the songs could probably have been saved by a half decent producer with a love of Dio and the ability to deal with the man himself!

The lyrics are not the typical Dio, but the music is nothing like it was at this band's peak in the 80's. There are songs with some merit here, but not enough to save it. This is what I would consider to be the unfortunate black mark in Ronnie James Dio's stellar career.

Rating : It only got this much because of my undying respect for the man. 1.5/5

No comments: