Thursday, May 04, 2006

163. Night Ranger / 7 Wishes. 1985. 3/5.

Talk about going back in time here! This is GENUINE 80's hair metal. You can almost taste the sugar dripping off it as you listen, and see the big hair if you close your eyes.

That's the thing about the hair metal scene – you either like it or loathe it. Having grown up in the era, I just love it. It is so different to what I listen to on a regular basis, that when I do happen to sit down and put one of these albums on, it is a refreshing change.
No complaints here either. 7 Wishes is a great album and a good example of Night Ranger's art. There are no pretences. It may sound corny to some, but that's the way it should be.

My favourites on the album are Seven Wishes, Faces, This Boy Needs To Rock and Night Machine.

Memories : I bought this album on cassette on my trip to Bali in 1991, in the mad search for new bands and bands that I had only one album of. A shame that the 200 (yes, 200) cassettes I bought on that trip were lost some two years later. I didn't hear this again until just a few months ago.

Rating : Dated a little, but sometimes that just adds to the nostalgia. 3/5.

No comments: