Friday, May 26, 2006

230. Slayer / Diabolus In Musica. 1998. 3.5/5.

Four years between albums was a long wait for Slayer fans for new material – something they would have to get used to...

This album is immensely popular amongst Slayer fans, with quite a few (on the forums I go to anyway) ranking it as high as 2nd all time.
I'm actually not so sold on it as that. I've always enjoyed the album – certainly when it was released it got a hammering having waited so long for a follow-up to Divine Intervention – but there is something that I find is not as enjoyable as so many of their other albums. I am however unable to put my finger on what that is, but I guess it is that to me the songs just don't quite click together like a good Slayer album does.
When I mention this, I usually get torn to shreds...

So I guess I am in the minority, but that happens a lot.

My favourites from the album include Stain Of Mind, Overt Enemy, Love To Hate and In The Name Of God.

Rating : Either the album is missing something... or I am... 3.5/5.

No comments: