Thursday, May 11, 2006

192. Hammerfall / Crimson Thunder. 2002. 2.5/5

Maybe they've run their course as a band. Perhaps their style has just worn thin. I don't really know for sure. But one thing I do know is that this doesn't work they way previous albums do.

Note this however. It is not that their style has changed. Crimson Thunder is unashamedly a Hammerfall album. You could barely mistake it for anything else. And no doubt the band's biggest followers will enjoy this album too.
The thing about that is that I considered myself to be a big fan of the band, and this really didn't tickle anything in me. That has certainly been the case with other bands though, so maybe this is just their one aberration. Maybe...

One thing I must also make clear – Joacim Cans still holds his own as a vocalist. He lets no one down here once again.

Rating : Not quite up to the standard I would expect. 2.5/5

No comments: