Thursday, May 18, 2006

211. Pink Floyd / The Dark Side Of The Moon. 1973. 1.5/5.

For as long as I can remember – and that goes back almost to the release of this album – Dark Side Of The Moon has been praised as one of the greatest works in music, an album that everyone must own, an album that everyone will appreciate.

Wrong.

I may not be the biggest Pink Floyd fan in the world, and certainly psychadelic music is not at the top of my most loved list, but I would certainly be able to appreciate an album that considered one of the best of all time. If this is it, then I am an incredibly bad judge.
I seriously do not care. This just doesn't cut it for me. To be honest, I don't know many people that do like it. Is it my generation? Or the musical choices of those who agree to hang around with me occasionally? There are many famously popular songs here, such as Money and Brain Damage, but they fail to save an average release.

No offense meant to all those out there who love this album, but for me... no.

Rating : Not anywhere near great. 1.5/5.

No comments: