Thursday, May 18, 2006

207. Danzig / Danzig IV. 1994. 3.5/5.

Following up three terrific albums is not an easy thing to do, but Danzig and his offsiders do another great job here.

At the time it was released, I did what I have done a few times in my life. I listened to it a few times over during the first few days, then put it aside as I had other albums at the same time. As it turned out, IV was one that didn't come back out again for some time – years in fact. In that time, an album can either diminish or revitalise. In this instance, it revitalised.

So, here is another great Danzig album. Without sticking to the same formula precisely, the boys put together another great collection of songs, including Brand New God, Going Down To Die, Dominion, Bringer Of Death and Son Of The Morning Star.

Rating : Another excellent outing from Glenn, though from here, it was mostly downhill. 3.5/5.

No comments: