Friday, May 05, 2006

189. KISS / Crazy Nights. 1987. 4/5.

Oh, how I used to listen to this album! Days... weeks...months on end.
And is it really that good? Well, probably not. But it was my first ever KISS album, and though I knew of KISS songs, this was the first fully fledged album I owned, and I just adored it. Cheesy 80 metal guy that I am.

Here then is Crazy Nights. KISS without makeup, making on their own, Bruce Kulick on guitar. And it is great, though I must admit that it is feelings of the nostalgia that it summons up that drives this passion I have for the album.
In fact, the songs on this album almost never get mentioned when it comes to the band's greatest hits, which I think is a shame.

My favourites here include Crazy Crazy Nights, I'll Fight Hell To Hold You, My Way, Reason To Live and Turn On The Night.

Memories : Stuck on the other side of Alice Cooper's Constrictor, this tape died a death of many playings. It was a regular on my journey's to and from Uni. Also living by the rule at the time of Paul Stanley's vocals - “I'm gunna talk like I talk, walk like I walk, My Way...”

Rating : Still sounds great after all these years. 4/5.

No comments: