Friday, May 26, 2006

226. Demons & Wizards / Demons & Wizards. 1999. 3.5/5.

This is the side project of Blind Guardian lead singer Hansi Kürsch and Iced Earth guitarist Jon Schaffer, and a bloody impressive effort it is too. Is it a crime to say that I like it more than I like Blind Guardian? Possibly. But I do believe it is true.

This is definitive power metal, and for a side project is very well done. The album flows nicely, each song complementing the next Those that are familiar with the two 'parent' bands work will know what to expect here, a nice blending of their styles. The generally fast pace of the songs is also well complemented by the quiet acoustic passages.

My favourites from the album include Heaven's Denied, Poor Man's Crusade, Blood On My Hands and Tear Down The Wall.

Rating : You will have to be a fan of the genre to enjoy this – it is not for all tastes that is for sure. 3.5/5.

No comments: