Tuesday, February 19, 2008

296. Exodus / Another Lesson In Violence. 1997. 3/5

You’ve got to love a live album that gives you what you want. And for most fans of Exodus, Bonded In Blood, the first album, is the one you would like to hear given the live treatment. And here on Another Lesson In Violence it is. Most of it, anyway.

Having come into Exodus in a much later time in my life than I should have, they are more a nostalgia kick for me. Certainly, when I was getting into metal in my teenage years, this is a band I should have discovered.
However, this live album, recorded in 1997, brings all of those old songs to life, and is a great listen. Good songs, great riffs, all round good performance. Worth a listen, even if it is your first experience with Exodus. It’ll light your fire a little.

Favourites for me include “Bonded By Blood”, “And Then There Were None”, “Deliver Us To Evil” and “Impaler”

Rating: Good to catch up again. 3/5.

No comments: