Thursday, February 21, 2008

307. Vixen / The Best Of Vixen: Full Throttle. 1999. 3/5.

We all have guilty pleasures in life. Enjoying Vixen is probably one of mine, and not one that I would say out loud very often, unless under the extreme effect of alcohol. Of course, when I am under the extreme effect of alcohol, you could quite easily press me to start singing a few lines from such songs as “Love Made Me” in an off-key loud voice.

This is a best –of compilation, but when you really only have half a dozen tracks that are catchy enough to interest the general public, you are going to be struggling a little. But hey, for a tiny moment in the late 80’s and early 90’s, they had a niche market, and were able to get under my skin just enough to stick there.

Most of the songs are very similar, and you would have to enjoy the hair metal genre to really enjoy them. As it happens, I do, and I do! 

Favourites for me are the usual suspects – “Love Made Me”, “Cryin’”, “I Want You To Rock Me” and “Edge Of A Broken Heart”.

Rating: C’mon! We’re all allowed a little moment alone, aren’t we? 3 / 5.

No comments: